On Dec. 6, a two-vehicle accident occurred in Fairfax County, leaving one person dead. A commercial truck was making a left-hand turn onto Prosperity Avenue when 19-year-old David Mendez-Hernandez was speeding and lost control of his vehicle. He hit the truck and was taken to a nearby hospital, where he later died.
Common Myths About Chiropractic Care
If you were recently hurt in a car accident, you may benefit from chiropractic care. However, you might have heard some misinformation about this type of care that is making you reluctant to get it. Here are a few common myths about chiropractic care that you should not believe.
- Chiropractic treatment hurts. Nobody likes to experience pain, which is one of the most common reasons why people may avoid chiropractic treatment. They may assume the cracking and popping sounds mean the treatment is painful. Luckily, this is not true. Chiropractic treatment is designed to relieve pain, not cause it. While the chiropractic adjustments may be slightly uncomfortable at first, they are not painful.
- If you take pain medicine, you do not need chiropractic care. After a car accident, your doctor may prescribe you pain medication to help alleviate pain. While prescription painkillers are effective, the effects are only temporary. Eventually your body will get used to the medication and you will have to keep taking more to get the same results. That is why it may be beneficial to get chiropractic care. A chiropractor will treat the root cause of the pain, which will make a bigger difference.
- Chiropractic care is too expensive. Some car accident victims opt out of chiropractic treatment because they assume they can’t afford it. However, chiropractic care is more affordable than people think. It is certainly less costly than undergoing surgery. Many insurance companies also recognize that chiropractic treatment is effective and include it in their plans.
- You will need chiropractic care forever. This is another common myth about chiropractic care. The number of chiropractic sessions you need will depend on the type and severity of your injury. After giving you a proper evaluation, a chiropractor can estimate how many sessions you will require for your condition.
- Chiropractic care can only treat back pain. Back pain is certainly one one of the most common ailments chiropractic care treats, but it is not the only one. Chiropractic care is effective at treating many other conditions, like neck pain, shoulder pain and muscle aches.
- Chiropractic care is not safe. Some people shy away from chiropractic care because they assume adjustments are not safe. While it might look that way at first, chiropractic adjustments are completely safe, as long as they are performed by a trained chiropractor. Chiropractic care actually has fewer side effects than surgery and prescription pain medication.
If you are thinking about getting chiropractic treatment after a car accident, you should schedule an appointment with a Bowie, MD chiropractor from Mid Atlantic Spinal & Rehab & Chiropractic as soon as possible.
BY: Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab
COMMENTS: No Comments