Back Pain Doctor Annapolis, MD
Regardless of age, back pain is a problem that affects many people, as a back pain doctor in Annapolis, MD from Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic is very familiar with. Afflicting many people throughout the country, complications for back pain impact how people work and live. It can disrupt daily life by preventing individuals from being able to enjoy or take part in their favorite activities. The earlier you can resolve issues associated with your back pain, the more manageable it will be later on.
If you are having trouble providing relief for your back pain or injury, you may want to talk to a chiropractor who has had years of experience treating patients through state-of-the-art chiropractic techniques, such as one at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic.
HOW CAN CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT HELP ME?
Chiropractic care may not be ideal for every person or health issue, but it is worth seeing if it’s beneficial for your specific health issue. Talk to a chiropractor and discuss your health history to see what treatment options you may benefit the most from.
For back pain and injuries in particular, a chiropractor often recommends spinal manipulation or adjustments. Spinal adjustments are done by adjusting the vertebrae in specific locations to improve the spine’s alignment. Through regular, non-surgical adjustments, the pressure in the joints can be relieved and your mobility can be increased over time.
Patients may be concerned about the cracking or popping noises heard during adjustments, and may be hesitant to try this method of treatment. The sound occurs because of gas bubbles in the joints, such as when a person cracks their knuckles. To prevent any harm to the patient, chiropractors ask patients to breathe and relax their body so they are ready for an adjustment.
COMMON BACK PAIN ISSUES
Back pain issues come in many forms. Many patients often report pain that feels like soreness, stiffness, burning, or throbbing sensations. Some common causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strain
- Bulging/ruptured disc
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED CHIROPRACTOR
If you are someone who suffers from back pain, targeted chiropractic care may be a good solution that works for you. You may be able to relieve your back pain with the help of a reputable chiropractor who has successfully helped many patients. Those who want to try other forms of care to promote a healthy lifestyle and wellness can rely on chiropractic care to bring a sense of relief. Schedule an appointment with an experienced and trusted back pain doctor to learn more about possible treatment options.
HOW TO PREVENT BACK PAIN AT HOME
In addition to getting treatment from a MD back pain doctor in Annapolis, you can take steps to alleviate your back pain at home. Here are a few lifestyle changes you can make:
- Practice Good Posture: If you slouch in your chair at work sometimes, you’re not alone. However, over time, bad posture can do a number on your back. When you have poor posture, it can put stress on your spine, resulting in pain. To prevent back pain, be more mindful of your posture. Always sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back. For extra support, try putting a small pillow behind your back.
- Lose Weight: If you’re currently overweight, you may be more likely to suffer back pain. This is because extra weight can put pressure on your spine. If you lose weight by cutting your calories and increasing your exercise, you may get relief from your back pain.
- Improve Your Lifting Technique: Whether you’re lifting weights or a small box, it’s important to do so correctly. If you don’t have proper form, you could injure your back. When you lift an object, position yourself close to the object, bend your knees and lift with your leg muscles.
- Stop Smoking: Smoking can damage many parts of your body, including your back. The chemicals in tobacco can cause the discs between the vertebrae in your spine to wear down faster. If you make the effort to quit, you can save your back.
- Change Your Shoes: If you suffer from back pain, a chiropractor may recommend changing your footwear. If you wear shoes that are too tight or don’t provide enough arch support, they can strain your back. You may also consider putting orthotic insoles in your shoes to improve your back pain.
- Reduce Your Stress: It turns out that excessive stress can have a negative impact on your back. If you can’t control the stress in your life, it can eventually lead to tension in your back. If you make some lifestyle changes, you can reduce your stress levels, ultimately alleviating your back pain. For example, try starting out every morning with a relaxing activity, like meditation or yoga. You should also eat a nutritious diet and get plenty of exercise throughout the day. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t hesitate to talk to a trusted family member or friend about it.
BACK PAIN AND STRESS OR TENSION
Unrelenting waves of stress can wreak havoc on the human body. Overtime, huge amounts of stress lowers the immune system’s ability to combat illness, making the body more vulnerable to injury or illness. By receiving chiropractic adjustments, the uncomfortable symptoms related to stress can be reduced. Adjustments to the spine can soothe the nervous system, allowing it to function optimally. Those who tend to have more stress than others may exhibit symptoms including:
- Back pain
- Tension headaches
- Muscle tightness
- Neck pain
The spinal column is the communication center of the nervous system. Messages from the brain go down the spinal cord and get sent to numerous parts of the body. Because of this vital role, chiropractic adjustments on and around the spinal cord can reduce common stress symptoms.
When someone is dealing with immense stress, their muscles contract and tense up. People may not realize that they are clenching their jaw, hunching their shoulders, or tensing their neck. When we are caught up in stress, we may not realize that our body is trying to tell us something that needs our attention. Chronic stress puts pressure and weighs heavier on bones.
Eventually, the added tension may cause the body to become misaligned. Furthermore, too much stress can cause dysfunction in nerves, resulting in sharp pains or numbness in certain areas of the body. The treatment of adjusting the spine relseases muscle tension, relaxes the body, allows for proper circulation of blood and nutrients, and calms the fight-or-flight response.
Giving your body nutritious foods is also an influential component of managing stress and tension. Your chiropractor may suggest eating certain foods more often or taking supplements for vitamins to provide a more relaxed state for your system. Food items that tend to decrease stress include:
- Whole grains
- Healthy fats
CALL A BACK PAIN DOCTOR TODAY
Patients who are seeking alternatives to traditional treatments for back pain or other spine related issues may find that chiropractic treatment and alternative therapies can be suitable for them. Chiropractors use their hands to find and fix the source of pain in the body. Unlike other forms of treatment, chiropractic care utilizes a holistic approach to improve health and wellness, focusing on your overall health and not just one particular symptom.
If you are interested in receiving chiropractic care, call a back pain doctor in Annapolis, Maryland from Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today!
“I love this place. They helped me get back to 100% in no time. And the receptionist Ms. Laura is the best. So if you have a bump or bruise you need straighten out, I highly recommend these guys.”