Chiropractor Bowie, MD
The thought of adding a chiropractor in Bowie, MD is often the last thing that is on our minds. With so much to do during the day, adding on another task just seems impossible. It can turn into where will you fit them in, how will you avoid taking off work, or even where will the money come from. When you add on feeling like it doesn’t feel like a real doctor it just makes sense to not go, right?
The truth is if you are in pain, seeing a chiropractor can help you out. Most places have their hours listed for easy access and are often insurance friendly. Just why would you even need a chiropractor?
Back and Neck Pain
This is by far the most obvious reason you would want to see a chiropractor. If you are suffering from back or neck pain it can feel like it is never ending. There are many reasons you could end up with back pain. Falling asleep in the wrong position, scoliosis, disc herniations, poor posture, or even accidents can lead to pain. A chiropractor’s job is to help you minimize long-term damage from this pain and find a way to alleviate the pain. Sometimes there can even be a way to avoid surgery.
If you’ve ever suffered from a headache or a migraine you know just how annoying they can be. They can interfere with your daily life and have you taking pain pills to ward them off. What if there was a way to do that without taking pain medication? Seeing a chiropractor can help you with that as sometimes the root of the issue is pressure on the neck and spine. Spine and neck manipulation can help relieve these headaches.
Sleep can be evasive and even if you do sleep you could be suffering from poor sleep quality. Your body works all through the night and a misaligned spine can cause your body stress with pain and healing. Often a chiropractor will use manipulation therapy to increase blood flow in your body and align the vertebrae in your spine better.
When a woman is pregnant the body goes through drastic changes. These fast changes can leave your body aching and in pain. There is a specialty for pregnancy in the chiropractic field that can help soothe these pains by making sure the bones in the body are where they are meant to be. This can help reduce headaches, back pain, and general discomfort from rapid changes.
Alternative to Medication
It is common for people to take over-the-counter pain medications but what if there was a way to use them less frequently? There is a way, and that is by seeing a chiropractor to make sure your body is in the correct alignment. Chiropractic care can help heal your back, improve your posture, and even relieve headaches if you have them.
If you are searching for a chiropractor in Bowie, Maryland don’t hesitate to reach out to the team at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today for answers to your questions.
CHIROPRACTOR BOWIE, MD
MID-ATLANTIC SPINAL REHAB AND CHIROPRACTIC
Are you seeking pain relief and healthy living? Perhaps you’re interested in medical care that doesn’t involve several over-the-counter pain prescriptions. If so, then we at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab and Chiropractic look forward to meeting with you. Our team of specialized back and reflexology doctors are committed to seeing your overall health improve and your ailments reduce, if not disappear altogether. You may give us a call, using the number below, to schedule an appointment. We also accept walk-ins.
WHAT DOES A CHIROPRACTOR DO?
If you’re like most people, which is perfectly fine, you might be slightly confused about what a chiropractor is and what it is that we do exactly. Before you pay us a visit, we want to ensure that you’re well-informed of what a chiropractor does. To start with, the Oxford Dictionary describes a chiropractor as someone who is “a practitioner of the system of integrative medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignments of the joints.” In other words, we are more than simply “back doctors” or “doctors who crack your back.”
Your joints play a vital role in your mobility and circulation. They affect your ability to exercise or conduct daily tasks, such as bending over to pick up a fallen object, stretching for a morning yawn, and reaching upward to open a kitchen cabinet to cook. When your joints aren’t healthy or are misaligned, anything from your fingers to your hips can struggle functioning properly. Not to mention, joint pain can range from minor to very severe. Joints can become inflamed. They can even become infected. A good chiropractor will run tests, perform x-rays, and study your medical history to help you.
Furthermore, a good chiropractor, such as those here at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab and Chiropractic will:
- Assess the severity of your condition
- Study your posture, spine, and reflexes
- Offer advice on steps to take to reduce your pain or misalignment
- Perform therapeutic services to realign your spinal columns and more
- Refer you to other medical doctors when needed.
The latter is because some joint-related issues work in tandem with other medical ailments.
HOW DOES A CHIROPRACTOR IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH?
A chiropractor helps to improve your health in a variety of ways. For example, we are licensed to perform massage therapy, neuromusculoskeletal therapy, and other rehabilitative treatments. Proper joint function is essential to your ability to work out and eat and digest well. We can advise you on a healthier diet plan, as well as analyze your progress. Because joint-related issues can influence your blood circulation, we can help prevent or reduce damage to vital organs, such as your blood vessels, kidneys, and lungs.
In conclusion, if you’ve made it this far down the page, there is a good chance that we are the right chiropractic office in Bowie, Maryland for you. Whether you are in Baltimore, Catonsville, Dundalk, Glen Burnie, Parkville, or Annapolis, we are eager to help you. Call, today, to schedule an appointment or walk-in.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM CHIROPRACTIC CARE
The truth is just about anyone can benefit from chiropractic care. Either as an occasional session or part of a weekly or monthly routine, chiropractic care has a wide range of benefits. Some of these include:
- Lowering blood pressure and combating hypertension.
- Improving your posture.
- Treating certain physical conditions like Scoliosis or arthritis or relieving sports or work-related injuries.
- Improving flexiblity.
Although patients with injuries, chronic pain, or certain physical conditions seek to gain the most from chiropractic care, even if you find yourself with a slight backache or would like a check-up, scheduling an appointment with a chiropractor can do wonders.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MY FIRST SESSION
A typical chiropractic session usually lasts around 30 minutes. However, your first session might be anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour. The reason for this is that you will have to fill out some paperwork. While some offices allow you to fill out paperwork prior, it’s good practice to get to the office at least ten minutes before your first session. Your chiropractor will most likely ask you questions such as when your back pain first started, if you know the cause, family history if you have any specific goals, etc. Following the first session, your chiropractor will help craft a treatment plan for you. This may involve weekly sessions as well as other forms of treatment that can be supplemented.
WILL I ALWAYS NEED TREATMENT?
Every patient is different and your chiropractor will help determine the best treatment plan. For patients that only have slight back pain from stress or activity, they may only need one or two sessions. For patients that have severe injuries, it may take several months. Lastly, for patients that have chronic pain or certain physical/medical conditions, it might be recommended to have sessions indefinitely. However, nothing will ever be set in stone and you can always communicate with your chiropractor regarding whether or not you could benefit from more treatment or if you’re already feeling adequate relief.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF CHIROPRACTIC CARE
If you have chronic pain, it may be beneficial to see a chiropractor in Bowie, MD. However, in order to make a full recovery, you’ll have to be proactive in your care. Here are some tips to get the most out of chiropractic care.
- Be patient. It’s likely that you didn’t develop your pain overnight. Therefore, it stands to reason that you won’t heal overnight. It may take some time for your nervous system and spine to recover. If you don’t see an improvement in a couple of chiropractic sessions, don’t get discouraged. Understand that the treatment takes time and continue to go to your appointments. Additionally, you may also find that you experience relief in stages. This is perfectly normal and it may take several more sessions before achieving a full recovery.
- Do your exercises. Your chiropractor may assign you various strengthening and stretching exercises to do at home to enhance your treatment. While performing these exercises may be tedious at times, they’re an essential part of your recovery. If you perform these home exercises consistently, you may recover faster.
- Relieve stress. There’s a myth that back pain is only the result of injuries or medical conditions. However, you don’t need to be in an accident or have a labor-intensive job to receive back pain! Often stress can contribute to back pain. As such, finding ways to relieve stress can help prevent and ease back pain. Some treatments may include deep breathing exercises, indulging in a past or new hobby, changing careers, practicing meditation and yoga, seeing a therapist, etc.
- Be honest with your chiropractor. Your chiropractor won’t be able to help you if he or she doesn’t know the truth. That’s why it’s important to always be honest with your chiropractor. If you haven’t been doing your exercises consistently or have poor posture, let your chiropractor know.
- Drink plenty of water. By now, you’ve probably heard that drinking water is essential for your health. It’s definitely true. Staying hydrated will even help enhance your chiropractic treatments by keeping your joints lubricated. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Eat a healthy diet. The foods you consume on a daily basis can also have an effect on your chiropractic treatments. Nourishing your body with nutritious foods will give it the strength to heal and function like it should. Fill your diet with wholesome foods, like chicken, fish, whole grains, fruit and vegetables.
- Practice good posture. Maintaining good posture for a long time can be tricky, especially if you work a desk job. However, slouching too much can put stress on your spine. Start being more mindful of your posture. Try to always sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back.
- Don’t push yourself too hard. As you’re experiencing relief, you might be tempted to immediately go back into your old physical or become inspired to work out more. While this can be good, you won’t want to push yourself too hard and instead ease into things. Additionally, communicating with your chiropractor can help determine the new speed you can go at.
- Get proper rest. Sleeping at least eight hours a night is also important for your overall body function. To make it easier to fall asleep, avoid drinking caffeine in the evening and do something relaxing before bedtime.