Chiropractor Glen Burnie, MD
HOW CAN CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT HELP ME?
A Glen Burnie, Maryland chiropractor is a licensed healthcare professional who treats many types of musculoskeletal issues. Musculoskeletal issues pertain to the body’s musculature and skeleton and include the bones, joints, tendons, and muscles.
CHIROPRACTORS CAN CORRECT SPINAL MISALIGNMENTS
A chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MDworks to correct “vertebral subluxation.” This is a technical term for a situation where spinal misalignment causes mechanical compression and irritation to the spinal nerves and joints. When misaligned, the bones of the spine and other joints exert pressure on the muscles and the nerves surrounding them.
Many things can cause a vertebral subluxation. Some of the more common causes include:
- A vertebra (spinal bone) going out of place and becoming misaligned because of a slip, fall, or other injuries;
- Misalignment of the entire spine due to poor posture;
- Tight back muscles and muscular tensions that pull the vertebrae out of place;
- Inflammatory responses caused by a poor diet, dehydration, stress, or other inflammatory initiators;
- Swelling around a joint or spinal vertebra; and
- Degenerative changes or osteoporosis of the spine or intervertebral discs.
A SIDE NOTE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING GOOD POSTURE:
People in Western cultures have the unnatural habit of sitting down all day, which does a lot of damage to the spine and posture. It’s common for people to spend hours sitting in front of a TV, cell phone, computer, or laptop. Often, people don’t take time in their day to properly stretch and fix their posture. Many people just don’t get enough physical activity.
The “hunched over” lifestyle of the modern technological age causes undue strain on the neck, from a position called “forward head posture.” Your head should not head stick out from its center of gravity. If it does, your neck bears an extra ten pounds of stress!
A chiropractor in Glen Burnie, Maryland can do posture evaluations to observe how their patients carry their heads. If the head is two to three inches forward, that translates into an extra 20–30 pounds of pressure on the neck. Aside from the increased demand on the neck, this poor postural configuration can affect many other parts of the body.
CHIROPRACTORS WORK TO TREAT THE WHOLE PERSON
A good Glen Burnie, MD chiropractor doesn’t only correct the damage from years of poor posture or trauma, he or she may also take a proactive approach to protect a patient’s health. Many chiropractors embrace a holistic approach to their profession since they understand the value of addressing the “whole person.”
Many chiropractors and other holistic practitioners partner with their patients, teaming up to guide them through the different phases of care. Your chiropractor aims to heal your body and may also aid you in learning how to make better decisions to gain and retain your health in the process.
MID-ATLANTIC SPINAL REHAB & CHIROPRACTIC
Dr. Marc Gulitz and the rest of his friendly team at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic are dedicated to providing solutions to target your unique needs, whether you are suffering from back pain, neck pain, headaches, or even just plain old muscular tightness and tension. You may need pain relief after suffering from an auto accident, experiencing an injury, or if you have a specific condition such as chronic back pain or a spinal condition; even if you just want to improve your overall health, our team of chiropractors can help you achieve your wellness goals! Please visit the testimonials page to see what our patients are saying about our team.
On your first visit to Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic one of the chiropractors will explain the science behind how chiropractic care works and will give you a full evaluation to see if chiropractic care is right for you. If your condition can be treated with chiropractic therapy, the team will develop a plan of chiropractic care that is specific to your condition and health goals.
Chiropractic care at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic is not simply joint manipulation. Dr. Gulitz and his team will utilize physical therapy modalities and active care rehabilitation exercises to help bring about resolution of your specific complaints.
If you are new to seeing a chiropractor and want to find out more, please call to receive personalized answers to your questions from our friendly team. We also welcome referrals, so we invite you to share our chiropractic and wellness information with your friends and loved ones.
If you would like to stay informed about modern chiropractic care or if you want to start receiving free articles about health and wellness news, please subscribe to our bi-weekly newsletter, even if you are not a patient. Once you are subscribed, you will be able to explore our member wellness section and take advantage of our animated exercise videos, wellness articles, and other resources.
GET CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT AFTER BIKE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Many people use bicycles because it is good for the environment, it is a great mode of transportation, and it gives them the exercise they need. However, riding your bicycle can be quite dangerous, especially when others driving motor vehicles on the road are not paying attention or are driving negligently. When you do become the victim in a bicycle accident, you may try to brush off your injuries, but it is important to remember that you are not nearly as protected as the person who hit you with their car is. Even if you are wearing your helmet, most bicyclists do not wear other types of safety gear. Thus, it is very likely that you may have sustained injuries in the forms of:
- Road Rash
- Broken Bones
- Spine Damage
- Pinched Nerves
- Sore Muscles
If this sounds familiar, you should call the Glen Burnie, Maryland chiropractor at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic as soon as possible to see how we can help you recover from these injuries. For more information, schedule an appointment with us now.
WHAT ARE COMMON INJURIES YOU CAN SUSTAIN RIDING YOUR BIKE?
When you get into a bicycle accident, there are many common injuries you can sustain.
- Upper Body. Some of the most common injuries come in the form of your lower back, your neck, and your shoulders. Not only could some of this be caused by poor posture riding a bike, but getting into an accident can cause even more damage to your nerves and muscles. A chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD can help you with your riding posture and with your injuries.
- Lower Body. If you were thrown from your bike during an accident, you may be experiencing severe hip pain caused by your bike stopping immediately and your upper body being thrown over your bike handles.
HOW CAN A CHIROPRACTOR HELP AFTER MY BICYCLE ACCIDENT?
It is important to remember that immediately following a bicycle accident—especially one where you were injured through someone else’s negligence—you should seek help from a medical professional immediately. When you visit our chiropractor, tell them up front that the pain they are helping treat is for a personal injury accident. This ensures they take detailed notes of your injuries, take proper x-rays, and can provide any evidence and information to your attorney for your personal injury claim. After your accident, a chiropractor can evaluate the condition of your spine to determine the extent of your injuries, perform the necessary treatment options over a period of different visits to get your spine (and other injured areas) back in working order, and can provide a future treatment plan if you continue to experience pain. When you get the adjustments you need from your chiropractor, the physical pain relief can also help with the emotional trauma that you experienced as well.
A CHIROPRACTOR FOR CHILDREN
Many parents bring their children to a Glen Burnie, MD chiropractor for natural chiropractic adjustments when their child is suffering from allergies, pain, ear infections, bed wetting, or other problems, as well as, general wellness.
CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN
As a knowledgeable chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD, we understand how to identify, diagnose, and alleviate stress to the spinal nerves, also known as subluxations, in young children and adolescents. Subluxations are common in adults and children, and can be painless, but lead to other conditions that do result in symptoms. For example, if the child has twisted themselves while playing sports, they could feel pain around the pelvic area. On the other hand, complications during birthing can be stressful to the infant and cause spinal stress. A chiropractor can very gently manipulate the subluxated areas around the spine, joints, and pelvis.
COMMON HEALTH CONDITIONS IN CHILDREN
Children will naturally fall and tumble down in their young years. Although you might not see any physical damage, there can be internal injuries to the spine. Even if there is no physical pain or actual breaks, it is possible for there to exist underlying trauma that stays there for many years. Because this trauma cannot be seen with the naked eye, it is common for parents to not have their child’s’ spine assessed by a chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD on a regular basis. When trauma along the spinal column is not treated, the nerves that are shielded by the spine can become impaired.
EXAMPLES OF WAYS THAT SPINAL TRAUMA CAN OCCUR
- Physical stress and injuries while playing sports
- Ear infections
- Chronic tonsillitis
- Heavy coughing
- Upper respiratory infections
- Falling while walking or learning how to ride a bike
HOW CHIROPRACTIC TREATMENT CAN HELP A CHILD
Chiropractic adjustments are safe and effective for children, especially when the subluxation, or spinal trauma, is detected early on. As a parent, you might understand that the health of your child is their greatest asset. Some of the benefits of chiropractic adjustments for children include:
- Encourages proper posture
- Corrects poor posture in the upper back; something that is common in children who use smartphones
- Supports adequate development of the spine
- Supports the health of the nervous system
- Assists in alleviating the symptoms of allergies or asthma
- Helps to improve sleep
- Helps to relieve bet wetting problems
- Improves the symptoms of colic
- Improves the child’s overall health
Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehabilitation provides a comfortable environment for you and your children to find relief from a broad range of symptoms. Our services can be integrated with treatment provided by a primary care physician, therapist, or other medical professional.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT TODAY
Whether your child is in pain, exhibiting symptoms of a nervous system or musculoskeletal issue, or you’re concerned about their wellbeing, we encourage you to call a trusted a Glen Burnie, MD chiropractor from Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehabilitation.
If you think chiropractic care may be right for you, contactMid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic. You can see a chiropractor just like you would your general practitioner or other medical professionals. Plus, chiropractic care is included in most health insurance plans, although you may have a copay or some additional financial responsibility for your visits. We take great care to treat each of our clients with the attention they deserve, and we can help you with your personal injury claim. Overall, visiting a chiropractor is typically not a significant out-of-pocket expense. Call our office to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor Glen Burnie, MD patients recommend.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Seeing a Chiropractor
If you’re dealing with back pain or recently suffered a sports injury, you may be thinking about seeing a chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD. These healthcare professionals use manual manipulation and other drug-free techniques to help your body feel better. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid when seeing a chiropractor.
- Expecting to Recover Immediately: In an ideal situation, you could recover from your condition in one chiropractic session. However, that’s just not realistic. Generally, the more severe your condition is, the more sessions you will require. After giving you a proper assessment, your chiropractor can estimate how many appointments you will need. Don’t let it discourage you if your chiropractor recommends many sessions.
- Not Speaking Up During Your Adjustments: If something doesn’t feel right during your chiropractic adjustment, you shouldn’t be afraid to speak up. Although these adjustments can make you feel pressure, they shouldn’t be painful. If you’re experiencing pain during your adjustment, you need to let your chiropractor know right away.
- Not Being Completely Honest: In order to get the most out of chiropractic care, you have to be truthful with your chiropractor. If you lie or leave out important details, your chiropractor can’t help you properly. For example, if your chiropractor suggested for you to get more physical activity at home to help your neck pain and you haven’t been doing that, let your chiropractor know.
- Thinking Soreness Is a Bad Side Effect: A chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD will manually manipulate certain areas of your body to alleviate your discomfort. This can cause your muscles and ligaments to become sore after the fact. Don’t mistake this as a negative side effect. It’s perfectly normal and a sign that the treatment is doing its job.
- Assuming That Chiropractic Care Is Too Expensive: Some people are reluctant to get chiropractic care because they believe it’s too pricey. However, it’s actually more affordable than other treatments, like surgery. Plus, many health insurance companies cover chiropractic care in their plans.
- Not Paying Attention to Your Posture: Seeing a chiropractor in Glen Burnie, MD can do wonders for your neck and back pain and other conditions. However, it isn’t a miracle worker. If you often slouch in your chair, you won’t get the most out of your chiropractic treatments. Always sit up straight in your chair to avoid straining your back and neck. Try to get up every hour or so to stretch and walk around.
“I came in with an excruciating pain on my lower back and was seen by Dr. Marc G. at this practice. Dr. Marc was very thorough and worked his magic, all better now. Strongly recommend. Plus excellent customer service, thank you Laura!”