Neck Pain Doctor Bowie, MD
Many people suffer from constant neck pain that affects how they go about their daily life, as a neck pain doctor trusted in the Bowie, Maryland community knows very well. Whether you suffer from neck pain due to a recent accident, health condition, or job-related activities, you may benefit from chiropractic care. If you are someone who would like to know more about how you can get relief from neck pain, talk to an experienced chiropractor such as one at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic to see which therapies and treatments may work for you.
Neck Pain Doctor in Bowie, MD
There are many benefits that a chiropractor can provide if you experience neck pain. Chiropractic care offers an effective alternative form of treatment that is not invasive and emphasizes natural methods of pain relief. Traditional approaches to neck pain treatment such as surgery and medication can be risky, expensive, and may not yield the results you want. The team at Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic has experience helping patients find solutions for their neck pain, such spinal correction, hands-on manipulation, Thompson Drop technique, and other advanced techniques to treat the source of the pain. Chiropractors use their hands or small instruments to correct any spinal irregularities. Utilizing a holistic treatment plan, they target the root of issues in the spine so that relief goes beyond the symptom. Chiropractic therapies work differently on every patient, so it’s important that you consult an experienced chiropractor about your specific neck pain issues.
Physical Therapy for Improved Movement
A physical therapy program that incorporates chiropractic treatments such as spinal adjustments can provide deeper relief for your neck pain and speed up your recovery. Though chiropractic treatment and physical therapy are distinct approaches, they are often used together to maximize pain relief. As a complement to your unique chiropractic program, physical therapy serves to strengthen your muscles, improve your mobility, and increase your range of motion. By conditioning your body with physical therapy, a chiropractor can ease muscle tension and make your body less stiff. This also helps to make your body more relaxed for chiropractic treatments.
Tips for Neck Pain Relief
There are effective ways for relieving your neck pain outside of your chiropractic sessions. In addition to chiropractic care, a chiropractor will give you helpful lifestyle tips that you can do at home to alleviate pain. Certain activities can worsen your pain, so you should take care to avoid engaging in them. A chiropractor may explain modifications you can implement in your workout routine. By following these tips, you can minimize your neck pain as well as other issues such as headaches, muscle cramps, and soreness.
Building your strength and improving your posture is vital for maintaining good health and an active lifestyle. There are several corrective exercises that chiropractors can recommend that you do outside of the clinic to manage your specific health condition and optimize your bodily functions. A chiropractor can explain more about recommended corrective exercises during your consultation.
Quality Chiropractic Care
Persistent neck pain doesn’t have to be a constant part of your life. Contact an experienced and trusted Bowie, MD neck pain doctor today to explore your options for neck pain relief.
Common Myths About Neck Pain
Neck pain is one of the most common ailments among adults and can be debilitating at times. There are certain misconceptions about this ailment that may prevent people from getting the treatment they need. Here are some common myths a neck pain doctor in Bowie, MD does not want you to believe.
- There’s No Way to Prevent Neck Pain: Some people do not believe it is possible to prevent neck pain. They may assume it is a natural part of the aging process. However, this just isn’t the case. You can actually take several steps to reduce your risk of neck pain, like practicing good posture, lifting objects correctly and quitting smoking.
- Surgery Is Always the Best Way to Treat Neck Pain: While surgery may be necessary to treat severe cases of neck pain, it should be used as a last resort. Surgery can carry many risks, so you should only consider it if you have no other options left. There are multiple non-invasive ways to alleviate neck pain, such as chiropractic care and acupuncture.
- An Office Job Can’t Cause Neck Pain: It is easy to imagine why jobs that require heavy lifting and pulling can contribute to neck pain. However, many people do not realize that office jobs can also cause neck pain. If you sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day, it can eventually strain your neck. A neck pain doctor in Bowie, MD may suggest sitting up straight in your chair and taking breaks every hour to reduce neck pain.
- Neck Pain Just Means You Need to Rest: If you suffer a traumatic neck injury, it is true that you should rest for a couple of days. However, if the neck pain is ongoing, resting too much can actually make the problem worse. Avoiding physical activity for too long can lead to stiffness. Ask your doctor about the types of exercises you should be doing.
- If You Experience Neck Pain, You’ll Deal With it Forever: Another common misconception about neck pain is that once you get it, you will suffer from it for the rest of your life. Luckily, this is not true. With the proper treatment, most people can recover successfully from neck pain. A neck pain doctor in Bowie, MD can assess your condition and determine the best course of treatment.
“I came in with an excruciating pain on my lower back and was seen by Dr. Marc G. at this practice. Dr. Marc was very thorough and worked his magic, all better now. Strongly recommend. Plus excellent customer service, thank you Laura!”