One person died and two people were left critically injured in a car accident in Davidsonville on Nov. 8. A pickup truck was traveling eastbound on Central Avenue and crossed into the westbound lane, got out of the roadway and hit a tree. Then, the truck caught fire. The front-seat passenger got stuck in the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver and backseat passenger were transported to the hospital for critical injuries.
Why Chiropractic Care Is Beneficial After a Car Accident
Car accidents can cause some pretty serious injuries. While many people know to seek emergency medical care after a vehicle crash, not everyone considers the benefits of chiropractic care. If you were recently in a car accident, you may want to see a chiropractor. Here’s why:
- Alleviate pain. Whether you suffered a back, neck or shoulder injury during a car accident, you may experience chronic pain. The pain can make it difficult to perform everyday activities. That is one good reason to see a chiropractor. He or she can perform a spinal adjustment, which may help you release pain-relieving hormones.
- Reduce scar tissue. After you sustain an injury in a car accident, your body may form scar tissue to try and heal them. However, too much scar tissue can cause chronic pain and stiffness. You may live in discomfort and have trouble moving around freely. A chiropractor can break up the scar tissue through non-invasive therapies.
- Offer a non-invasive approach. Many people turn to prescription medication and surgery to treat car accident injuries. While these treatments are sometimes necessary, they can come with serious side effects. Chiropractic care, on the other hand, is non-invasive, so it has minimal side effects.
- Identify unknown injuries. Not all car accident injuries are immediately obvious. Whiplash, for example, can take a while to present symptoms. That’s another good reason to make an appointment with a chiropractor. This healthcare professional can identify injuries that you may have missed and treat them accordingly.
- Restore range of motion. After getting injured in a car accident, you may have trouble moving around like you did before. For instance, if you injured your neck, you may have difficulty moving your neck fully. A chiropractor can perform adjustments to help restore your range of motion.
- Enhance your personal injury claim. If you were hurt in a car accident caused by another driver, you may have decided to pursue a personal injury claim. After all, you deserve proper compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses. Seeing a chiropractor may actually help strengthen your claim. He or she can provide you with documentation to make sure that your medical expenses are paid for.
BY: Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab
COMMENTS: No Comments