Around 12:45 a.m., on November 19th, 2022—a Saturday—police from Glen Burnie Barrack received a report about a five-car collision that occurred on Interstate 97, Route 32, southbound. Occurring in Anne Arundel County, this crash first began when Asia Lashae Bryant-Pelloni, 30, a resident of Bowie, Maryland, crashed her 2009 Honda Accord into a 2012 Ford Fiesta.
This preliminary crash prompted a 2017 Honda CRV driver to try to avoid the collision by swerving. By swerving, however, they then crashed into a 2019 Nissan Sentra. A fifth vehicle, a 2013 Cadillac SRX, crashed into debris from collisions. Unfortunately, this crash took the life of Brian Mahaney, 68, of Annapolis, a passenger in the 2012 Ford Fiesta.
Asia Lashae Bryant-Pelloni was arrested and reported to be impaired while driving. Alongside being charged with impaired driving, Bryant-Pelloni was also charged for:
- Vehicular homicide while impaired
- Negligent vehicular manslaughter
- Negligent vehicular homicide while under the influence of alcohol
Unfortunately, events like these happen more than they should. Even as vehicles become safer, factors like impaired driving can quickly throw safety features out of the window. Currently, there’s not much information regarding what happened to the other drivers and passengers. For Brian Mahaney, unfortunately, the crash resulted in taking his life.
The other drivers and passengers may require physical therapy or chiropractic care. Even smaller collisions, such as the one driver colliding with wreckage, can result in serious physical injuries. While chiropractic care is never a substitute for receiving help from a primary care provider, it can help to complement treatment.
Many car crash victims find themselves with lingering effects from a crash. Even if they don’t need to receive surgeries or extensive physical therapy, they can still have tense muscles, neck, back, and shoulder pain.
The proper treatment plan can help victims recover after a car crash. Chiropractic care brings many benefits, whether they have extreme injuries that require surgery or minor discomfort. Some of these benefits are:
- Helps a victim’s body release anti-inflammatory chemicals. These chemicals reduce their internal swelling and promote greater healing.
- Chiropractic care can help ease their pain if a person suffers from whiplash.
- Many victims suffered from reduced flexibility after a car crash due to misaligned spine joints. Chiropractic care can restore flexibility by realigning a person’s spine and joints.
- Chiropractic care can also reduce scar tissue. Following a car crash, it’s normal for tendons and muscles to get damaged. Your body will naturally try to heal them by forming scar tissue. Unfortunately, this can cause discomfort and stiffness. Chiropractic care can speed up scar tissue healing effects.
- Sometimes it’s necessary to undergo surgery following a traumatic event like a car crash. However, chiropractic care can also prevent victims from needing surgery.
Car crashes happen daily and can be deadly when a driver is impaired. While visiting an Annapolis, MD chiropractor should never be a substitute for a primary care provider, it can help aid your recovery process. Reach out to our Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic team today to see if treatment is right for you!
BY: Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab
COMMENTS: No Comments