Neck pain Doctor Glen Burnie, MD
If you are suffering from neck pain, a neck pain doctor in Glen Burnie, MD from Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic can help. We understand how debilitating chronic pain can be, affecting every aspect of a patient’s life. Contact our office today to take the first step in getting your life back and living free from neck pain.
Although the pain may be located just in your cervical spine area (the neck), a neck pain doctor will evaluate your entire spine to see if other areas of the spine are affected. This is because chiropractic treatments focus on the whole patient and not just on the symptoms they have. In addition to evaluating the spine, your neck pain doctor may also discuss other issues that can play a key role in your health, such as nutrition, lifestyle habits, and stress management.
During the first examination you have with a Maryland neck pain doctor, he or she will determine what is causing the pain and what the best course of treatment will be. Your neck pain doctor will be looking at your posture, how you walk, the alignment of your spine, and if you have any restricted movement issues.
The neck pain doctor will also want to know about your past medical history and may order diagnostic tests, such as x-rays or an MRI. These imaging tests can help determine a diagnosis and allow your Glen Burnie, MD neck pain doctor to develop a treatment plan specific for your condition.
Some of the treatment options that your neck pain doctor may recommend include:
- Flexion-distraction technique: This technique uses a gentle, hands-on manipulation of the spine which involves a pumping action on vertebrae discs and avoiding direct force.
- Interferential electrical stimulation: This technique uses a low-frequency electrical current to stimulate muscles in the neck.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation: This technique uses a hand-held instrument, allowing your neck pain doctor to apply force while avoiding thrusting into the spine.
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy: This technique uses special instruments to diagnose and treat tension in the muscles.
- Manual joint stretching and resistance technique: These techniques assist in helping to reduce neck pain, as well as other symptoms the patient has.
- Specific spinal manipulation: This technique uses a gentle thrusting technique which helps restore joint.
- Therapeutic exercises: These techniques can help improve the overall range of the patient’s neck motion, as well as prevent the neck pain from getting worse.
- Therapeutic massage: This technique helps to relax tense muscles.
- Trigger point therapy: This technique is used to relieve tight points on a muscle which are causing pain.
- Ultrasound: This technique sends sound waves in the muscle tissues in the neck to help alleviate the pain and stiffness.
To find out what treatments a neck pain doctor Glen Burnie, MD patients recommend will recommend for your neck pain issues, contact Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today to set up an appointment and find out how we can help.