Car Accident Treatment – Baltimore, MD
Personal injuries come in numerous forms and can have many causes. They can come from motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, violent assaults, injury from defective products, and many more. If you are in pain or have mobility restrictions due to an incident that was caused by a negligent or careless party, such as a motor vehicle collision, you should seek proper treatment as soon as possible after the injury. Medical care, including chiropractic care, can ensure that the extent of your injuries is evaluated and the appropriate treatment is obtained. This will help to minimize long-term costs and health consequences. Patients may benefit from specialized car accident treatment in Baltimore, Maryland at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic.
What is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a trained medical professional who relieves pain in the spine and other areas of the body often through correcting the positioning of bones, joints, and spinal vertebrae that have slipped out of their proper alignment. Chiropractors are licensed healthcare professionals. U.S. states require all chiropractors to obtain a Doctor of Chiropractic degree from a Council of Chiropractic Education (CCE) accredited college. Additionally, all chiropractors must keep up-to-date with the latest in their field by taking continuing education classes. Not all chiropractors perform car accident treatment in Baltimore, MD, but patients who can take advantage of this service may benefit significantly from it.
Taking Steps to Return to Normal
Many doctors of chiropractic care offer a comprehensive service for evaluating and treating personal injuries. Chiropractors can treat soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries and can also provide rehabilitative therapy for accident or trauma victims. Creating an individualized treatment and recovery plan for you, a chiropractic professional can help you return to your routine activities feeling free of pain. Chiropractors can also educate you about the long-term outcome of your injury and provide strategies for minimizing any problems that may arise. All of these general approaches are embraced when performing car accident treatment in Baltimore, MD. Specific treatments may include:
- Manual chiropractic adjustment
Chiropractic adjustments are designed to reposition misaligned bones and joints and restore normal movement and function of the spine and the entire musculoskeletal system.
- Soft tissue rehabilitation
Noninvasive rehabilitative therapies designed to return damaged or tight soft tissues throughout the body back to their normal, pain-free function. These include massage therapy, trigger point therapy, passive stretching, myofascial release, strength training, and range-of-motion exercises.
- Home rehabilitative care
Chiropractors can provide personalized programs designed to help speed recovery, restore strength, increase mobility, and improve posture. Doctors of chiropractic can provide postural education and teach active range of motion exercises to help patients recover. They can also recommend complementary therapies like applying heat and ice packs, consuming nutritional supplements, and making dietary changes that may be helpful.
Working with Insurance Companies
Many chiropractors work with different types of insurance, including that of the party responsible for your accident or traumatic injury. Check with our office about obtaining car accident treatment in Baltimore, MD and about getting the medical documentation you will need for your personal injury claim. A chiropractor’s documentation not only helps provide an understanding of an accident victim’s injury situation, but they also provide the required documentation as a medical professional. Medical records are a powerful tool to demonstrate your need for chiropractic treatment for your injuries in a settlement meeting, mediation, or the courtroom.
Don’t delay in getting the necessary chiropractic treatment after your injury or trauma. Contact Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today.
Commonly Used Methods to Treat Car Accident Injuries Holistically
Physical therapy (and other treatments not based in drug therapy or surgery) can greatly benefit those who are facing neurological and/or musculoskeletal conditions as a result of a car accident. The care team at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic can offer treatments that are specialized to meet the needs of car accident victims. Anyone who is struggling with their daily routine due to limitations caused by a car accident may find improvements after physical therapy sessions.
The Initial Session and Treatment Methods
During the first session with a physical therapist at our clinic, you will be asked about current and past medical conditions and what you hope to gain from physical therapy. Then, our Baltimore, Maryland car accident treatment team can use several approaches to create a plan that is unique to you. This Baltimore, MD car accident treatment plan may entail things like exercise, ultrasound, general chiropractic care, traction, joint mobilization, massage, heat, ice, laser therapy, and more. Here we have gone into detail for a few of the most common treatment methods:
- Exercise: the intention of exercise is to put controlled physical stress onto the body to help increase range of motion, flexibility, and strength. Exercise is often included in a patient’s treatment plan, and some may be performed at home even when the physical therapist isn’t present. A home exercise program in addition to physical therapy sessions can be key in returning the patient to the desired level of functioning.
- Ultrasound: administered by the physical therapist using an ultrasound machine, he or she may apply gel and move the handheld tool in circular motions around the injury site or area of impairment. The ultrasound waves are then absorbed into the muscles and skin.
- Massage: a physical therapist may knead the injured tissues of the body to help alleviate pain, lower muscle tension, and improve circulation. Massage techniques may vary, and can include petrissage, trigger point, and effleurage massage. Chiropractic care may also be used as part of your Baltimore, MD car accident treatment plan in place of or in addition to massage.
- Head and Ice: those who have an injury can apply hot packs to the damaged area, to increase circulation, relax muscles, and aid in pain relief. Cold packs can be used to assist in pain reduction and keep inflammation under control. Ice is more often used during the initial injury phase to minimize tissue swelling.
Patients Who Can Benefit
Our Baltimore, Maryland car accident treatment team can assist patients struggling with traumatic brain injury, back pain, spinal cord damage, balance challenges, headaches, dizziness, concussion, neurological conditions, and more. Those with a movement dysfunction or musculoskeletal injury can talk with a physical therapist to find out what their treatment options are and what to expect during their sessions.