Diversified Spinal Manipulation Bowie, MD
A chiropractor from Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic knows that one of the best tools a chiropractor has is the technique called the diversified spinal manipulation Bowie, MD offers. If you have never stepped foot into a chiropractor’s office before, we know that you may have a lot of questions and may even be concerned about the cracking and popping that will happen when you go in for your first adjustment. If you would like to learn more about the techniques that chiropractors use, including the diversified spinal manipulation technique, reach out to us and schedule your initial consultation. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible when you come in for your appointment.
Learning More About the Technique
Often, when people visit us in our office, they do not realize just how out of alignment their spines are. You may not realize that your emotional and mental stress can take such a toll on you that your body begins to go downhill as well. You may have poor posture, you may not get enough physical exercise, or you may work so hard that you lift more than you should. Any of these could cause back problems, including spinal subluxation. Your chiropractor in Bowie, MD believes that the diversified spinal manipulation technique is one of the best techniques out there for getting your back into a healthier, more natural shape.
What can I expect with this method?
During your first adjustment, you should expect the chiropractor to practice short thrusts on your back to realign your spine. The popping or cracking noises are not something to worry about. This is simply your body releasing gases as your joints move around. After your appointment, you will likely feel some immediate relief. However, as the days or weeks go on, you may notice the pain creeping back in. This is because your spine will return to the same position it was in prior to your visit. The more you see your chiropractor, the longer you can expect the pain to stay away. You will likely begin to see more mobility and movement and may notice that other areas of your body feel better as well.
If you would like to learn more about what we can do to help you get on the path to a healthier life, reach out to our chiropractor to discuss Bowie, Maryland diversified spinal manipulation, call Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today.
Benefits of Spinal Manipulation
Spinal manipulation can treat many ailments, from neck pain to back aches, and is considered a very safe therapy. If you are dealing with chronic pain or discomfort, diversified spinal manipulation in Bowie, MD may be a good option for you. Here are some benefits of spinal manipulation that you should know about.
- Alleviate pain. The most noticeable benefit of spinal manipulation is pain relief. Although you may feel some pressure when your chiropractor performs the adjustment, you will feel a lot better after the fact. Spinal manipulation can relieve pain in your neck, back, shoulders and head. With less pain, you can get back to your normal activities and enjoy life again.
- Avoid surgery. When people are experiencing chronic pain in their back, neck or shoulders, they may assume that they need to undergo surgery. However, this might not be the case. While surgery is sometimes necessary, it should be used as a last resort. Going under the knife comes with risks, such as infection and bleeding, so it is best to avoid it whenever possible. If you opt for spinal manipulation, you may be able to avoid surgery altogether. The treatment is non-invasive, so it is much safer than surgery.
- Reduce dependence on pain medications. Prescription pain medication is effective at relieving the discomfort associated with back pain and other ailments. However, the medications only offer temporary relief. Once the medication wears off, you will feel pain again because you are not treating the root cause of the problem. Additionally, prescription pain medication can cause side effects and make you become dependent on it. The last thing you need is to become addicted to pain relievers. Spinal manipulation can help treat the root cause of your pain and reduce your dependence on these medications.
- Improve athletic performance. If you play on a sports team and suffer from chronic pain, you have another good reason to try spinal manipulation. The treatment can reduce your pain and increase your flexibility, ultimately improving your athletic performance.
- Reduce medical costs. Some people are under the impression that spinal manipulation and other chiropractic treatments are expensive. However, they are actually much more affordable than conventional medical treatments, like surgery. Plus, many insurance companies recognize the benefits of chiropractic care and cover it in their plans.