Chiropractor Treatment Bowie, MD
At Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic, we know that there are many myths still out there about what the ex
perience of receiving Chiropractic Treatment Bowie, MD residents trust will be like. There are misconceptions and fears associated with chiropractic care, which is unfortunate, because there truly are so many life-changing benefits that can happen when getting chiropractic care
from a reputable clinic.
Just like any other type of medical approach, there are going to be doctors who are great, and then not so great. We
have established ourselves as a dependable chiropractic clinic that provides quality services to patients in need. If you are in pain and want to know if chiropractic care can help, we are happy to answer any questions you have!
Here we discuss some of the myths and facts about what chiropractic care from a chiropractor Bowie, MD residents trust really entails:
Myth: Chiropractors Are Expensive
There are numerous studies that show the myth about chiropractic care being expensive is in fact not true. Stu
dies show that for people who seek treatment for lower back pain from a chiropractor, they actually save about 20% compared to getting care from another type of medical practitioner. So if you are worried about chiropractic care breaking the bank, it is very possible that it is actually quite affordable for you and your family.
Fact: You Should Never Adjust Yourself
Despite what people may say, it is never a good idea to “adjust yourself”. Chiropractors have to go through thousands of hours of education before they can be licensed. It is strongly recommended that you see a chiropractor and do not try to adjust your vertebrae or joints by yourself. You may cause serious harm to yourself or others in the process. To take this point further, consider the fact that chiropractors have to complete around the same amount of hours and specialty courses that a medical student does. Please leave treatment sessions to the professionals!
Myth: Chiropractic Adjustments Are Painful
For someone who is dealing with significant pain, the last thing they want to happen is do something to make that pain worse. You can rest assured that in general, chiropractic adjustments are not painful. There may be brief discomfort as your body is being coaxed into proper placement, and has more to do with the injury or condition you are dealing with than the adjustment itself. In most cases, people feel more comfortable and relieved after a treatment session.
However, if you are worried about an adjustment causing you more pain, just talk with us about your concerns. We can understand your worries and can talk with you about the adjustment in further detail so you know what to expect and your anxieties can be addressed.
Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic
It is our commitment to provide quality chiropractic services to those in this community, and beyond. If you are interested in hearing more, booking an appointment, or having questions answered, please call Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic about MD Chiropractic Treatment in Bowie today!
Reasons to See a Chiropractor Following a Car Accident
If you were recently in a car accident, it is important to put your health first. Without proper medical care, car accidents can result in long-term and debilitating injuries. Seeking chiropractic treatment in Bowie, MD may be beneficial for your body.
- Some injuries do not show immediate symptoms. Not everyone involved in a car accident experiences excruciating pain after the fact. In fact, many people feel perfectly fine after a vehicle collision. However, that does not mean that nothing is wrong. Some injuries, like whiplash, may not show obvious symptoms right away. That is one reason to see a chiropractor promptly. He or she can check for injuries that may not be initially obvious and treat them accordingly.
- Chiropractic care can increase your range of motion. If you have suffered an injury during a car accident, you may notice that you have limited range of motion in your joints. As a result, you might have trouble completing simple tasks on your own. If you see a chiropractor after your accident, your range of motion can be restored. Your chiropractor may perform spinal adjustments to help you achieve alignment.
- Chiropractic care can alleviate pain. Some car accident victims may experience chronic pain. They may have difficulty with daily tasks and may even resort to prescription pain medication to relieve their discomfort. By seeing a chiropractor, you may be able to reduce your pain without touching pain medication. He or she can correct misalignments in your spine and help you feel better.
- Chiropractic care may help you avoid surgery. Surgery is sometimes necessary to treat serious injuries. However, if you can avoid going under the knife, you should. Surgery can be very hard on the body and involves various risks, like infection and bleeding. Many people have avoided surgery following a car accident simply by seeing a chiropractor. Chiropractic treatments are all non-invasive, so the risks are minimal.
- You may have scar tissue. It is not uncommon to experience scarring of the muscles after a car accident. If you do not address the scarring as soon as possible, it can lead to soreness and stiffness. A chiropractor can use his or her hands to break up this scar tissue, ultimately helping you heal from your injury sooner.