Neck Pain Chiropractor Bowie, MD
A neck pain chiropractor Bowie, MD families trust at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractics has been treating ailments of the body for many years. We understand how aches and pains can interfere with your daily life. It can make it difficult to sit, walk, stand, drive, go up and down stairs, and more. Maybe you or your loved one have stopped doing the things they like to do because it caused them further body pain. If this is true for you or a relative, please consider calling our clinic for more information about how we can help. Until then, here is some information about chiropractic care for neck pain:
Relief of Neck Pain with Chiropractics
There are many ways that someone may try to alleviate neck pain themselves. This often entails taking prescription or over-the-counter medication for pain relief and anti-inflammatory. What if we told you that chiropractics can provide you with pain and inflammation relief, without the need for heavy medications? It’s too easy to depend on these medications for symptoms up until they no longer work like they used to. Relying solely on a man-made pill can quickly lead to addiction and dependency. When it comes to neck pain, a chiropractor Bowie, MD patients trust can use various chiropractic approaches to treat the following, and more:
- Degenerative joint syndrome
- Facet joint sprain
- Cervical sprain injuries
- Cervical intervertebral disc injuries
Diagnosing Your Condition
A chiropractor at Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractics will assess your spine and other areas of the neck, lower back, and mid back. In addition to treating the spine, nearby areas of the body may be affected as well. Before creating a care plan for you, we will perform an examination to figure out the root cause of your neck pain. We achieve this through learning about your medical history, current symptoms, assessing restricted movement, and having an x-ray or MRI done. Every patient is different, and may not need further diagnostics before starting a treatment plan. It is our goal to make sure that chiropractic care is going to benefit your body before performing the first spinal adjustment.
After diagnosing your condition, a chiropractor may use one or more of the following:
- Instrument Manipulation
- Specific Spinal Manipulation
- Flexion-Distraction Technique
- Therapeutic Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Ultrasound Waves
- Electrical Stimulation
- Stretching and Resistance Activities
Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractics for Quality Care
If you or someone you care about is in pain due to neck problems, remember that chiropractic care can be an effective way to treat a wide range of symptoms. If you are ready to book your appointment or get questions answered by a neck pain chiropractor in Bowie, Maryland then call Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractics now!
How to Alleviate Neck Pain at Home
If you suffer from chronic neck pain, seeing a neck pain chiropractor in Bowie, MD may be helpful. However, making certain lifestyle changes can also be beneficial. Here are some tips for alleviating neck pain at home.
- Reduce your time on your smartphone. Many people these days are constantly looking down on their smartphone. Unfortunately, this can strain the muscles in the neck over time. That is why you should be mindful of how long you look at your smartphone. When you do use your smartphone, hold the device at eye level.
- Use heat. If you deal with neck pain, heat can be helpful. When your neck starts to hurt, consider placing a heating pad on it for about 15 minutes. If you don’t have a heating pad, take a warm bath and submerge your neck. Afterward, you may notice an improvement in your pain.
- Practice good posture. Proper posture can go a long way in relieving neck pain. However, if you sit at a desk all day for work, it can be difficult to maintain good posture for that long. When you are sitting at your job, try to sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back. Put a small pillow behind your back to give you extra support.
- Adjust your sleeping position. The way you sleep can also have a major effect on your neck pain. If you, for example, sleep on your stomach, you can strain your neck. To prevent a stiff neck in the morning, sleep on your back.
- Don’t drive for too long. Sitting behind the wheel for multiple hours can strain your neck. That is why it is best to avoid driving for long periods of time. If you can’t avoid it, stop often to take breaks.
- Reduce stress. Too much stress can take a toll on many parts of your body, including your neck. The muscles in your neck may eventually tense up. That is why you should make an effort to reduce your stress levels. Partake in stress-reducing activities, like meditation or yoga, for example.
- Do stretches. If you are prone to neck pain, doing stretches every day can be helpful. Try rolling your shoulders backward and then forward in a circle. You can also turn your head from side to side.