Physiotherapy Baltimore, Maryland
When you become injured or ill, you may be looking into alternative treatments like physiotherapy in Baltimore, Maryland. There are many reasons that someone may turn to physiotherapy instead of the usual treatments, perhaps because they do not want to take different kinds of heavy medications or they do not want to go to surgery for their first option. Instead of being placed on medication and letting it run its course, your physiotherapy in Baltimore, Maryland will actually continue to adjust as you respond to the treatment. Mid-Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic offers many different options when you have become injured, and if you would like to see how our physiotherapy or our physical therapy Baltimore, MD residents trust can help you, please give us a call now.
Learn More About Physiotherapy!
When you are new with our Baltimore, MD physiotherapy, you are probably wondering what the first appointment will look like. We encourage our patients to arrive 10-15 minutes early. This will help us set up a new file on you and allow you time if you need to fill out any of the patient history forms. Please come wearing clothes you are most comfortable in, typically loose-fitting so that we can manipulate the area of the body that is causing you pain and discomfort. If, for example, you were suffering from back pain, you would not want to wear a bulky sweater or sweatshirt.
Your First Appointment
We will want to know as much about the history of your condition as possible so that we can give you the Baltimore, MD physiotherapy you need. Some information we will want to discuss are:
- Your medical history
- What kinds of surgeries you have had
- If you or your family has a history of certain illnesses
- How you got this injury
- What your lifestyle is like
Once we discuss this and give you a physical examination, we can provide you with a diagnosis and start working on your Baltimore physiotherapy treatment.
Common Problems Physiotherapists Help With
Some of the most common problems we help with are:
- Soft Tissue Problems. These kinds of injuries can occur from many things, including sports, a car accident, or a slip and fall accident.
- Spinal Injuries. You may be suffering from a herniated disc, sciatica, neck pain, or whiplash that could be causing you a great deal of pain.
- Rehab. You may need our services as you are in rehabilitation recovering from different operations.