Physical Therapy Bowie, MD
If you have been injured in an accident or if you are noticing that something doesn’t feel “right” and you are enduring pain then it might be time that you consider seeking out physical therapy in Bowie, MD. Schedule a appointment with Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today.
How Can Physical Therapy Help You?
You are probably wondering if physical therapy could be the best option for you. If you are seeking out physical therapy it is either your doctor has referred you or because you have been enduring pain for far too long. It is time that you take matters into your own hands and focus on your physical well-being.
Physical therapy helps people of all ages with all types of medical conditions, illnesses, or injuries that are currently limiting their normal ability to move and function. When seeking out physical therapy in Bowie, MD, you will have the opportunity to customize a physical therapy program so that you can return to your prior level of functioning and go back to enjoying your life and the activities you used to enjoy.
Here are five reasons as to why you physical therapy could be your next step.
- Reduce and eliminate pain. Therapeutic exercises and manual therapy techniques like joint and soft tissue mobilization or treatments such as ultrasound, taping, or electric stimulation are all options that can help relieve pain and put you on a path of restoring muscle and joint function to reduce your pain and even prevent the pain from returning.
- Avoding surgery. Physical therapy is an option to help you eliminate pain or heal from an injury so that surgery doesn’t have to be an option. If surgery is something that you have to go through then pre-surgery physical therapy can help you go into the surgery being stronger and helping you with recovering faster after surgery.
- Improve mobility. If you have been having trouble with standing, walking, or moving despite of what your age is, physical therapy can help you. A physical therapist can work with you to help fit you with a cane, crutches, or any other assistive devices that you might need. Customizing a care plan for whatever activity you are trying to achieve is very important to your life and a physical therapists can help you with the exercises you need to know so that you can practice and adapt to reach your ideal performance and safety.
- Improving balance and preventing falls. If you are at a high risk for falls a physical therapist can provide you with exercises that help you safely and carefully challenge your balance that can mimic real-life situations. A therapist can also help you with exercises that can improve your coordination and any assistive devices to help you walk more safely. Additionally, physical therapists can perform specific maneuvers to assist with restoring your proper vestibular functioning to assist with reducing and eliminating symptoms of dizziness or vertigo.
- Recovering and preventing a sports injury. A physical therapist has been trained to understand how different sports can increase your risk for specific injuries. Working with a physical therapist can help with designing a recovery or prevention exercise programe to make sure that you are safe playing your sport and can return to your sport when you are healed.
Call for physical therapy in Bowie, MD with Mid Atlantic Spinal Rehab & Chiropractic today.